Friday, July 22, 2011

More of The Human Side of This Nightmare Shows

FROM: Curt D
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:03 PM

Dear Dr. Peng,

Hi. I just wanted to enhance your understanding of my feelings and state of mind about this situation. I hope you, Adeline (Mrs. Chou) and Dr. Lin can also empathize with the fact that I am somebody's child. My parents, my four sisters, my grandparents...they are all far, far away from me and very worried about what is going on here. It would be bad enough if this happened in the States, but they could be right beside me to support, encourage, comfort and assist. Imagine if one of your children were far, far off in another country and they phoned home to you tell you the same sort of thing happened to them. How would you feel?
I don't want my parents and rest of my family to also endure worrying and waiting endlessly to see some progress and resolution of this situation. My grandparents are nearing 90 years old, my father is 75 and my mom is 65. It would be a bigger shame and great pity if one of them were to leave this life even before seeing their grandson/son absolved of this and for them to be at peace that I am okay. I hope you can understand this.

Sincerely,
Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment