Wednesday, July 6, 2011

An Early Effort to Make Public This Nightmare to The Taiwan English News Media

  During the first few traumatic weeks of this nightmare in June-July 2007, I wrote a Letter to the Editor about what had happened and submitted it to each of the three daily English-language newspapers at intervals. After submitting to one paper and allowing a few days to see if it would be published, I then sent it to another paper after seeing that it would not be printed. It was a strikeout! The China Post, The Taipei Times, and Taiwan News - none of them had any sense of journalistic balls to publish my letter or to even contact me to find out more about my story. It's a very sad and true commentary about the state of the English-language media in Taiwan.




No comments:

Post a Comment