Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Getting Closer to The Move From Administrative to Legal Action

FROM: Curt D

Friday, September 21, 2007 9:32 AM

Dear Adeline,

  Hi! How's the first week of school? Any new news about my situation?
  I met Dr. Lin on Wednesday to pick up the appeal letter & documents and handed in the appeal to NTCN the same morning. Yesterday I talked to Dr. Lin again to tell him I want to begin the lawsuit on Oct. 1. To my surprise, he tried to talk me out of it and he was very reluctant to agree to start the lawsuit. He even suggested that first I try to arrange a face-to-face meeting with the president to tell her what I will do and to talk to her. I was very angry and shocked he suggested such an impossible thing! The time for her to talk to me was back in June before this thing went to the committee.
  Anyway, I am almost sure Dr. Lin does not want to handle the lawsuit. Perhaps he doesn't have the time or energy to pursue this in the court. It's okay. He has been a big, big help to me in the school process and I can't say enough how grateful I am for his help and guidance. Now it's my turn to take control of this situation and to begin the journey to justice and proving the truth. The school will delay answering my appeal for months and months because there is no time limit for them to answer. The time to move on this is now. I am looking for a new lawyer.
  Also, I found another new personal ad posted by the student on another web site, "seeking Men for dating, longterm relationship or marriage."

Regards,
Curtis

FROM: 周艾琳
TO: Curt D
Friday, September 21, 2007 5:25 PM

Dear Curtis,

It's good to hear from you because I was thinking of you and your case while we were in the English faculty meeting. This was the first time we met the new teacher who replaces your position. The poor teacher is overloaded with teaching, revising journal papers, editing some documents, and handling any assignments from the nursing department and the president. We were shocked when she talked about any teachers can ask her for revising their submitting papers for free. You can image how busy she is. Actually, it's very hard to find a stable teaching position at colleges in Taiwan, so this teacher does not complain too much about it. Suddenly, I felt so insecure and something just came up my mind, "am I in someone's way?" 
If you think Dr. Lin cannot meet your needs to achieve your will, you may consider doing so. However, Dr. Lin and you had gone through the hard time, and now, you have different thinking. It's up to you. Also, it's grateful to know that you are appreciative of his help. Have you thought about asking help from AIT? AIT may recommend lawyer to you and you may save some money on lawsuit.

Adeline

No comments:

Post a Comment