Monday, August 8, 2011

Another of the Early Supporters Who Provided Material Help

  Without the much-needed help I got from a few nursing university insiders in the early months of this nightmare, I might never have gotten enough courage and encouragement to take on such a Herculean task fighting the evil and better-armed forces who perpetrated and maintained this horrendous fraud. 
  Two nursing university staff who I worked with regularly tried early on to do the right thing by telling the truth of what happened & didn't happen at the June 4, 2007, exhibition. However, the nursing university administrators who asked them about Alice's accusation before the gender equity committee even met made it very clear that they were not to give any information supporting me or else they would be in danger of losing their jobs. 
  Ms. Lin Liju (Lina) was the one who I worked most closely and frequently with of the two and she confided in me early on that she had been told by at least one administrator that "Oh, you're just trying to help Curtis because you like him." She was further told by the same administrator that under no circumstances was she or her colleague, Cherry, to discuss the case with me or anyone else outside of the nursing university or else they would lose their jobs.
  I was flabbergasted to say the least by the fact that in the gender equity committee's investigation report about Alice's allegation of sexual harassment that there were NO statements from either Lina (林莉如) or Cherry (方仁華) nor from the 3 students at the school's exhibition booth. NONE! So, I contacted Lina on my own and asked her and Cherry to please write up a statement (see Two Nursing University Staff at the June 4, 2007 Activity Deliver Their Supporting Statement) about what happened on June 4 and send it directly to me for use in my appeal of the school's decision and my forthcoming lawsuit. 
  Although muted and edited of anything overtly supporting my innocence due to their fear of reprisals from the nursing university, it provided enough information that an unbiased, reasonable and intelligent person would at least have serious doubts about Alice's claim of being touched and sexually harassed. However, my case was constantly held hostage in an environment of bias, manipulation, and crony bureaucracy so that I never got the benefit of such a fair and reasonable consideration and judgment. 
  Another big boost I got for my case was also provided by Lina in the chaotic, confused first few days after I heard of the false accusation. It was Lina who gave me the copy of Dr. Tsay's email (see The Email That Started This Nightmare & Illegally Exposed My Name) announcing (illegally) that I had been accused of sexual harassment and telling the school's Teachers Committee that my contract renewal should be cancelled based on the unproven allegation.

02/09/12 Update: I've started a new blog entitled Giving Up a Life's Worth of Music, Movies and More For My Kids' Future

 

No comments:

Post a Comment