Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Lawyer Lays Out My Options While the Stress Affects My New Job


----- 原始信件 ----
寄件者: Curt D <in8aqua@yahoo.com>
收件者: 向陽 <sypeng48@yahoo.com.tw>
寄件日期: 2007/10/14(星期日) 下午6:44:52
主 旨: Lawyer

Dear Dr. Peng,

  Hi! I called you several times on Saturday, but your cell phone was not available. I met the lawyer on Friday evening, and basically he said there may be three possible ways to pursue the case against the student and NTCN. One is administrative - directly with the school - another is by a civil lawsuit, and the other is by a criminal lawsuit. He made copies of the documents I brought and said he and his colleagues will review them to see more clearly what has happened and more precisely what action can be taken. He will probably need to talk to you at a later date after the action(s) I can take are certain and we agree on the fees for services. He said he could also tell me more precisely the cost after he knows what action(s) can be taken. He will answer me as soon as possible.
  Meanwhile, I have been feeling increasingly under stress and physically/mentally exhausted, so I requested a reduction in my teaching hours at Cambridge (from 20 to 15) or if it is not possible, then I will give them my 30-day notice to leave and look for another job. I have been working from Monday to Saturday, usually out of my apartment around 11 a.m. and not home until after 8 or 11 p.m. every day except Saturday.

Regards,
Curtis

----- Original Message ----
From:
向陽 <sypeng48@yahoo.com.tw>
To: Curt D <in8aqua@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 2:55:45 PM
Subject: Re: Lawyer

Dear Curtis:

Sorry! I did not open my cell phone last Saturday afternoon, for its the time for laboratory work.  And I read the e mail this noon.
I am glad to see that you have made up your mind to call for lawsuit. 
Please let your Lawyer know that I would like to answer his questions.
Be make sure that no matter what kind of action the Lawyer may take, he should really help to to win the appeal. 
Take care of yourself, your normal physical situation will be one of the key points for you to win the lawsuit. The time course of the lawsuit may not shorter than three months.  
Keep in contact with me and Adeline.

                                                                                  with Regards
                                                                                          SY Peng  Oct 15 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment