Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pre-Accusation Efforts to Scuttle My Employment by a Student Clique

  The seeds of this sinister character & career assassination attempt were actually planted several months before Alice's false sexual harassment accusation. About 7 months earlier I was told confidentially by one of my American former colleagues at the nursing university that I should be on the alert that Dr. Tsay was trying to gather support for my ouster as the sole remaining foreign instructor there. 
  He told me, however, that she did not have the support of the majority of other teachers on the Teachers Committee that approved contract renewals every academic year. Shortly after his phone call, I was also reassured by one of the senior Taiwanese professors on the committee that I had her and others' support and not to worry. I was at first surprised to hear this news as I had not gotten any unusual complaints about my teaching or other work there and, in the 4 years I taught at the school I had received mostly good to very positive evaluations from students. Mysteriously, however, I had never been evaluated by any of my supervisors - verbally or in writing - nor had I gotten any negative feedback from the English group chair or department chairperson at any of our staff meetings during those four years. 
  It wasn't until almost three years after my world as I knew it suddenly came crashing down that I learned of another early plot to scuttle my employment at the nursing university. A special woman I've known for 8 years now, and the strongest supporter of my innocence and fighter against the injustice I've suffered, happened upon a February 2007 online posting by a nursing university student calling on other students to cooperate together and submit complaints to the Office of Academic Affairs in an effort to halt my coming contract renewal for the next academic year.
  I had witnessed students collaborating together on end-of-course teacher evaluations which were supposed to be done under supervised conditions and independently, but instead were often given to students to take home for a few days or a week and then returned.  Unpopular teachers sometimes didn't return for the next semester or academic year after being gang-reamed by a posse of unhappy students. This was the first time I had witnessed the electronic version of their character assaults on a teacher.
  Here is the original Chinese version of the post (where they refer to me by the first part of my Chinese name - Ke) and a rough Google English translation:

o  Name: 白
o    Subject:拜託~
o    Time:2007-02-05 14:50:07
Message學校要處理柯赤子嚴重遲到的事情 需要我們把他具體罪狀寄到metrostar@ntcn.edu.tw
同學們可以把他上課不當的行為通通寫出來
教務處要處理他的問題
需要同學們的合作
請同學們有意見的人一定要寄!!!
PS
要盡快寄喔 因為這幾天他們就要開會處理了
PS
英文成績還沒出來是因為柯先生沒有交成績就回美國度假了
Schools to deal with serious late Ke pure things we need to send him specific countsmetrostar@ntcn.edu.tw
Students can put all his class to write out improper behavior
Office of Academic Affairs to deal with his problem
Students need the cooperation
There are views of the people must ask someone to send!!!
PS Oh send as soon as possible because these days they will meet to deal with the
PS English results have not come out because of Mr. Ke scores do not pay back the U.S. on vacation



 

No comments:

Post a Comment