Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Surprise, Surprise! 國立臺北護理健康大學 Says "You're Not a Teacher!"


----- Original Message ----
From: 向陽 <sypeng48@yahoo.com.tw>
To: Curt D <in8aqua@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:38:04 PM
Subject: Import about the appeal event
Dear Curtis:
   
   I was told that you are not under the protection or regulation of the Teacher' Law, for you are not a formal teacher employed though the University Law.  The explanation is revealed by the personnel office to the committee. Therefore, it is very unfavourable to you, you probably may not be relieved from the teacher appeal committee.  
  I talked to the lawyer, he said the alternative way is take an accusation.
  You'd better ask for judgement through the accusation and discuss with your lawyer, but not though appeal inside the  college. 
  I am sorry to inform you about this, for I never thought you are not suitable for the Teacher's 
law.  

                                                                                          Regards
                                                                                                Peng  7/31/2007

----- 原始信件 ----
寄件者: Curt D <in8aqua@yahoo.com>
收件者: 向陽 sypeng48@yahoo.com.tw
寄件日期: 2007/7/31(星期二) 下午10:13:16
主 旨: Re: Import about the appeal event
Dear Dr. Peng,

  Although this is not good news, thank you just the same for alerting me promptly to this unfavorable revelation. It seems very "tricky" to me to only find out now...four years after I started at NTCN...that I may in fact not be considered a "regular" teacher covered under the Teacher's Law.
  When you say "the alternative way is take an accusation", do you mean that now I should seek "mediation" through the Council of Labor Affairs? Because, if I am not covered under the Teacher's Law then according to the staff I spoke to at the CLA then I am eligible for free mediation assistance through the CLA. I will speak to the lawyer Dr. Lin about this on Wednesday.
  No matter which "law" I'm covered by, the key point of what the school did wrong remains the same: They improperly decided not to renew my contract, first giving me notice my contract would be renewed by approving my Academic Year 2007-2008 schedule and giving it to me; second, they then changed their original decision without giving me proper notice...not informing me until June 27. Plus, there is still the matter of what Dr. Tsai did improperly to influence the committee to change their original decision on my contract renewal. Looks like it means I will have to pursue this through the CLA and mediation if the appeal committee agrees with NTCN's response.

Regards,
Curtis

----- Original Message ----
From: 向陽 <sypeng48@yahoo.com.tw>
To: Curt D <in8aqua@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:37:48 AM
Subject: Re: Import about the appeal event


Dear Curtis:

  Because of the complicate rules about your employment at our college, and the college may never have experiences about managing the case like yours. Since the authority of our college is Min of Education, if the M of Edu. make sure (as the personnel office said) that your situation is not under the Teacher's Law, I don't know whether the mediation of CLA will be useful. 
  Please discuss with your lawyer, let him find the most advantageous way for you.
Be careful.


                                                                                 With regards
                                                                                          SY peng  8/1/2007
 

No comments:

Post a Comment