Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The First of Two Faces: Dr. Peng's Help Appealing The Contract Reversal


----- Original Message ----
From:
向陽 <sypeng48@yahoo.com.tw>
To: Curt D <in8aqua@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2007 8:52:18 AM
Subject: accusation
Dear Curtis:

   In your letter of appeal to the committee of accusation, please remember to include the following essential points:

1. The special planning for teaching in English will be executed in the next year, issue was proposed by the General Education center to the personnel office, Administration at May 23 2007 ( according to the record of the meeting.) Therefore the continuing employment of you was proposed to the deliberation committee of teacher at the college level at June, (where the primary decision of your contract is 6 months instead of one year.) As the Chair of General Edu told you, the proposal sheet of the special planning for teaching in English was kept at the personnel office, you should ask them to provided.

2. The un-employment decision made by the deliberation committee of teacher at the college is against the rule of "Teacher's law(教師法)”. For the employment, unemployment, of teacher should be following this law. (I am sorry I cannot remember the actual point, but I copied the content and put together with the documents that you forgot at my office, you can take it, the TA, Ms Wu will give it to you).
  I strongly suggest that you take the accusation as soon as possible, or the date of you Visa will be expired. The authority of the college should answer in 20 days, if they are in wrong, they should correct it immediately.

Best Regards
SY Peng   7/5/2007

Appeal 

FROM: Curt D


Thursday, July 5, 2007 7:54 PM
Dear Dr. Peng,

  Thank you for the good reminder and advice about my appeal to the school. I will be sure and include these things in the appeal, plus the evidence of my teaching schedule if the lawyer agrees it will be useful. I went to the personnel office yesterday and today for the proposal sheet of the special planning, but Ms. Yang today showed me a copy of some regulations she says don't allow me to see the proposal. I will show the regulations to the lawyer tomorrow and see what he thinks. As I expected, the school does not want me to see the proposal and the truth. I will try to verify what Ms. Yang showed me with the lawyer. In any case, I will report the existence of the teaching position and the false reason that the president gave me for not renewing my contract in my appeal.
  Hoping for a smooth meeting tomorrow with the Gender Equity committee and progress on my contract appeal. Thanks always for all the valuable help and encouragement you've given me Dr. Peng!

Sincerely,
Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment