Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Idea For a Lawsuit: Born of Another Kind of Mother


----- 原始信件 ----
寄件者: Curt D <in8aqua@yahoo.com>
收件者: 向陽 <sypeng48@yahoo.com.tw>
寄件日期: 2007/6/28(星期四) 下午8:03:25
主 旨: Latest developments
Dear Dr. Peng,

  Hi. Just a short message to tell you a couple very recent developments.

  1. Yesterday afternoon NTCN contacted me to tell me they wanted me to attend a meeting about sexual harassment today at 1:30. I talked to the lawyer later yesterday afternoon. On his advice, at today's Gender Equity meeting I only told them that the accusation was not true, I never did any such thing, completely false. I explain to you later more details, but in the end I did not answer their questions and after insisting many times I will only talk about what happened with the lawyer in attendance, they agreed to have another meeting next Friday afternoon with me and the lawyer.
  2. This afternoon I got a cold, brief letter signed by the president telling me NTCN is not going to give me a new contract because my project has ended. However, as I know the project did not end and my position does have funding. The lawyer agreed that the NTCN contract stating they can end my contract any time is against the higher law. Plus, he said the memo with my next year's schedule is strong proof that they were already going to give me a new contract. He said we must keep quiet about this evidence until the time is right to use it.
  3. Since these two events have just happened, I decided not to attend tomorrow's General Education Center meeting. It is no longer necessary to go.

  Will you be in your office on Friday? If so, let me know what time and I'll stop by to see you some time on Friday.

Sincerely,
Curtis


----- Original Message ----
From:
向陽 <sypeng48@yahoo.com.tw>
To: Curt D <in8aqua@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:15:46 PM
Subject: Re: Latest developments

Dear Curtis:

  I will stay at my office after the meeting of the G Edu centre at noon on Friday.

  Since you have got the letter about the contract, and the investigation of the harassment is on the way, it may be  better not to talk about in the meeting tomorrow.

  Please ask to Dr Huang for the project planning form of the English teaching that I mentioned yesterday, that will be the most obvious evidence that the position is still remained, in addition to  the record of the administration meeting of the college at May 23.

  More important than the memo of your next year's schedule of classes! 

                                                                                     Best Regards
                                                                                           SY Peng  6.28.2007

No comments:

Post a Comment