Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To Appeal Or Not To Appeal...Still A Question

  My Taiwanese friend still has not received the official decision - 13 days after decision day. 
  She called the court clerk on May 2 to find out what happened. The clerk said they sent the decision to my former address - despite the fact that on March 31 my friend went with me to the court building and we filed an official pleading telling the court to send the decision to my friend, at her address, because I would not be in Taiwan.
  It appears to be more gamesmanship by the court to hinder the chances I have to file an appeal. I have 30 days from the date on the official decision to file an appeal, and by sending it to my old address where I can't receive it they are burning up my 30 days.
  I'm still consulting with some people to decide whether or not to appeal, but before making a final decision I've got to know clearly what the court's decision says.

No comments:

Post a Comment