Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Recollections For the Court of the Events of June 4, 2007

  At the court hearing in April of 2009, just days before I moved to Thailand for a new job, the judge asked me and Alice Yang to each submit a report about what happened on June 4, 2007, at the National Taipei University of Science & Technology. He specified our reports should detail what, where, and the time of our activities before, during, and after the time of the alleged touch. I had already noted this information shortly after I first heard of Alice's false allegation while it was still fresh in my mind.
  Whereas my report was very detailed and supported by the photos, video and MRT Easy Card records, the accuser's report (according to my friend's translation from Chinese to English) was very light on relevant details and had no supporting evidence...basically just a shorter rehash of one of the several versions of her story that she told the court and the Gender Equity committee earlier.
  Here is my report:

Events of June 4, 2007

  1. Approximately 9:15 a.m., I called Ms. Lin Liju, one of the NTCN staff in charge of NTCN’s outdoor booth at the activity, to tell her I wasn’t feeling well and I would not arrive at 1000 as scheduled. I told her I would be at the National Taipei University of Science & Technology (NTUST) about 1100.
  2. I arrived at the exit of Chunghsiao-Hsinsheng MRT station at 10:58. (see Easy Card record attachment) and at the entrance of NTUST near 11:05. I called Ms. Lin Liju to ask where the nursing college (NTCN) booth was since I had never been to NTUST before. I arrived at the NTCN booth sometime between 11:05 and 11:10.
  3. Sometime between 11:30 and 11:40 lunchboxes arrived at our booth and after I got mine I sat down near one of the other NTCN staff, Ms. Cherry, but by myself. Shortly after, Ms. Alice Yang, the accuser, came over to me and asked if she could eat lunch with me. I said okay. While I was eating lunch, she was very talkative and asking me what were my plans for 2008. Jokingly, I told her maybe I was going to get married. She was very curious about this topic and asked me who I was marrying and when. I told her I wasn’t sure because I had not yet met the woman I would marry but if I was lucky enough to find one maybe I’d get married. She asked me if I wanted to marry a Taiwanese woman and I said it didn’t matter if she were from Taiwan, the Philippines, Thailand, etc.  I said maybe I would marry, then divorce and marry again later. She tried to continue asking me questions but because it appeared she didn’t know I was joking, I told her I was just kidding and I wasn’t really planning on marrying so soon. Shortly after I said this our conversation stopped.
  1. Sometime between 12 and 12:15 p.m. the NTCN president, Dr. Tsai, other NTCN administrators & staff and some other people I did not recognize walked near our booth and stopped. I went out of the booth and the president called me over and asked me what we were doing and then suggested I and the students be more active in distributing drinks and carrot cake to the people walking by and near our booth. So, I went back inside our booth and told Ms. Alice Yang - in the view of the president, Dr. Tsai, Ms. Cherry, et al – what the president said and immediately I, Alice and the other students started taking the drinks & cake out to people nearby.  I remember I took some cake & drink to one of the African exchange students who had just finished doing a Chinese traditional dance performance with other African exchange students at the stage near our booth. I talked to her a few minutes to find out where she was from and how they had learned that Chinese dance. Alice Yang also gave some drink & cake to one of the dancers.
  2. Around 12:30 to 12:40 one of the NTCN Center for General Education staff, Ms. May Hsu, came by the NTCN booth and took digital photos & video (see attached CDs of photos & video, including times of photos & video contained in the file information) of staff, students and me working at the booth. The photos & video show Ms. Alice Yang smiling, talking, laughing with me and standing very close behind me. These photos and videos were taken AFTER the time (see Item #4) Alice accuses me of touching her.  During my time at the booth on June 4 I never touched any of the students or staff on their waist or behind – nobody – and at no time did anything unusual happen. Alice, nor any of the other students, never said anything that she was touched by anybody.
  3. Very soon after the photos and video were taken, I walked to another building far from our booth to another NTCN booth inside the building. I talked to some of the students working at the booth and one of my English-teaching colleagues, Ms. Melody Yang. I took some photos with some students and a balloon nurse-figure (see attached photo files, including times of the photos included in the file information) at the booth, got my weight and height checked by some nursing students, got a free gift from them, then went to a nearby booth operated by NTUST students featuring cacti (a plant native to southwest America) and asked them to save one cactus I picked out for me because they would be giving the cacti as free gifts at 1:30. I asked my colleague Melody Yang to please take my cactus to NTCN and put it in my office because I had to leave NTUST at 1 p.m. to go to the Bei men post office before I went back to NTCN to get ready for my 3:30 class.
  4. On my way out of the building, around 12:50, I saw some aboriginal dancers sitting in the auditorium and I stopped to talk to them a few minutes. I think they were studying in Keelung. They wanted to contact me, so I hurried back to the outside NTCN booth where my bag was to get my name card and hurried back to the auditorium to give the dancers my card.
  5. About 1:05 p.m. I returned to the outside NTCN booth to pick up my bag and I left NTUST and went to the Chunghsiao-Hsinsheng MRT station, arriving at the platform around 1:12 and arriving at Taipei MRT station exit at 1:21. After going to the Bei men post office, I took the MRT to Shihpai MRT station, arriving there at the exit at 2:03 p.m. (see Easy Card record attachment). I walked to NTCN and had a class at 3:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment