Sunday, May 8, 2011

Documenting Changes in The Accuser's and Witness' Statements

  Here are some rough notes I prepared about the continual changes in testimony of Alice Yang and her friend the "witness" in advance of the September 2010 court hearing. I also submitted these to the judge on April 8 along with my Final Statement. I have never been able to present these, the photos or my Final Statement orally in court as a result of the judges' repeated refusal and slick maneuvering to ensure I would not be able to explain my evidence.

1.     Change the time of the alleged touch at least 3 times. Changed the position I stood, who I talked to, which hand I used to put around her waist, etc.
2.     Witness says in original statement she was shocked and surprised by seeing this, Alice said she felt uncomfortable yet didn’t say anything until later to Witness A. Witness A also said she and Alice talked that they should be more careful not to let strangers touch them. Yes, on July 7 have photos of her with strangers putting their arms around her waist and she around theirs. In court in June 2010, Witness A changed her story and said I talked directly to Alice and she saw that everything looked normal so she didn’t say anything at the time.
3.     In her statement to her NTCN mentor on June 6, 2007, Alice Yang said after I allegedly stretched my right arm around and put my right hand on her waist and then allegedly said “Alice I have a good idea. We can take these food out” that she immediately walked away from me and took cake and drinks out to people outside the NTCN booth. However, in her later statement to the investigation committee and court she said I had my hand around her waist for one minute before she walked away.
4.     Exact quote from transcript of July 6, 2007, interview by NTCN investigation committee: “…Alice went to the witness said ‘I didn’t feel quite comfortable,’ and then student replied ‘Did Curtis put his hand around your waist’ (revised by interrogator to ‘Did Curtis hold you?’) However, witness later changed her story to she was “sure” she saw me put my hand around Alice’s waist for one minute. She was not sure she saw me touch Alice, yet later she claims she was sure she saw me touch Alice.
5.    There is no validity to Alice’s claim of sexual harassment. It lacks any kind of common sense to say that out of nowhere, with no reason or motive or prior action, that suddenly I put my arm around her waist. Even if I had touched her, IT WOULD NOT qualify as sexual harassment. If I had touched her as she described, there are many things it could qualify as other than sexual harassment – carelessness, accident, innocent display of friendliness toward one of my former students, but NOT sexual harassment. There were no prior actions by me toward Alice, only by Alice toward me, we had a very normal student-teacher relationship and I had not even talked to Alice for over 3 months prior to the period near the June 4 activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment