Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Same Ole Same Ole From The Lawyer

  My lawyer's next reply basically repeated the same line he's been emphasizing since September's hearing. No matter what I point out to him or how I modify my settlement proposals so they will  be more acceptable to the nursing college, the attorney keeps coming back with the same negative response. Here's some of what he wrote me late on Oct. 21:

Mr. Diggs,

  The judge "encourages" you to settle, because he is going to rebut your claims. Reaching a settlement in this case will definitely better than letting the unfriendly judge to make the final decision.  The settlement is the only possible way for you to control your damage.
  The problem in your proposal is you are offering something which for NTCN impossible to promise and has turned down in the last hearing. The outcome is obvious: they would never accept this proposal, given the judge is going to rule against you.
  As I said in the last letter, if you do not accept my advice, you either propose another one or let the judge do the final decision. However, you should be prepared that the judge will close this case in the next hearing.

My reply: 

Attny Tu,

  Thank you for your further information and your concern. However, in the end I know what's best for me and for those close to me, just as you also know what's best for you after you have heard the suggestions of friends, family and advisors.
  I understand your reasoning for advising me to accept a settlement, but until now you and the judge have not done a good job of convincing me what real benefits it has for me under the current non-conditions. I have not seen anything in writing from the nursing college or the judge, so it is impossible for me to agree to anything at this point. Since the nursing college has not sent any proposal to us, I only know what my conditions are and that's where it will have to proceed from here. You send them the conditions I have written and then it's up to them to respond, not for you to answer for them to me before they have answered...unless you have already discussed this with them without my knowledge.
  Also, what the judge and the nursing college are doing is a kind of blackmail = threatening some harm against me, threatening to reveal something negative about me, if I don't agree to this settlement. It is wrong. I have already spoken to the proper authorities about what the judge has done and is trying to do and they have told me how to deal with this if it is not corrected. I am prepared to take appropriate action if this situation does not improve.
  I am the one who most wants to end this nightmare and move on happily in my life, but the nightmare won't end by victimizing me again and casting me into another nightmare with this unreasonable settlement idea. It can only end at this point, and I truly have some lasting peace in my life, if the judge and the nursing college, even you, do the right thing to ensure me the minimum what I deserve is provided in return for me dropping the lawsuit. If none of you can, then I will appeal any wrong decision by the judge as far up the courts as I have to and I will take the appropriate actions to deal with those who have violated my legal and human rights and victimized me further.
   I have already begun the process of preparing this 3-year nightmare for publication so that the world, including Taiwanese, will know what really goes on in Taiwan's judicial system to foreigners. I am just one of many who have suffered from the discrimination, bias, etc of Taiwan's judiciary. There are many more such cases already documented.
  Yes, please apply for the interpreter and I hope he or she will be used enough to make it worthwhile to have one there. I don't need an interpreter just to tell me what everybody else is saying around me while I am silenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment