Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Offer Another Option to Create a Real Settlement

  I tried again to come up with a viable solution to reach a settlement with the nursing college. Here is a portion of my email to my lawyer on Oct. 23:

Attny Tu,

  Thank you for your further explanation. I understand.
  How long after I receive the judge's official verdict in writing do I have to file the appeal?
  I have one further idea. If there is no settlement and this first instance is over with the judge's decision, the admin high court and NTCN teachers committee appeals can proceed. If before I file the appeal the admin high court and/or NTCN teachers committee decide I did not commit sexual harassment and my record is cleared, then there is no need for me to file the appeal with the civil court. Since the judge now is not ruling on sexual harassment,that will still allow the admin high court and teachers committee to evaluate this part on the basis that the defendant's claim she was touched was a "cultural misunderstanding."
  It is not my wish to continue litigation, so this is another option to bring this 3+ year battle to a close.
  Since it is evident by your earlier comments and in your latest email that the point of the witness' testimony was so damaging to my case, I will file the requisite complaint with the Judicial Yuan and the LAF (Legal Aid Foundation) about this matter since I was not informed of this important detail by my previous attorney among other things. I have gone through all my records & correspondence with her to confirm this matter and nowhere did she inform me of the legal dimensions and risk of asking the judge to require the witness to testify.

No comments:

Post a Comment