Friday, October 22, 2010

My October 21 Reply to My Lawyer

Attny Tu,

  Thank you for your detailed explanation. However, I would like to remind you of some things.

  1) I am not trying to convince the nursing college to settle. It was the judge's suggestion for both parties to discuss a settlement and I already stated very clearly that I am totally dissatisfied with the rejection of all my terms proposed at the last hearing, but I agreed to try longer to find a reasonable compromise to end this matter in the court. So far this so-called "settlement" has been nothing more than the rape, looting and pillaging of my side by the nursing college while you and the judge stand by watching. The nursing college will need to convince me of their sincerity and honesty to settle.
  2) The interpreter and you told me during and after the court hearing that the judge said the settlement would include wording saying that this situation arose from a "cultural misunderstanding" and no sexual harassment occurred. This document could then be presented to the admin high court and/or NTCN teachers committee as favorable and influential evidence that could overturn the original incorrect decision and clear my record, including in the MOE. Since then, you have gone back on your earlier statements and have indicated repeatedly that this is not the case. Perhaps there is some misunderstanding between us about what the judge said, but whatever the reason, what you are telling me is that I can't trust the words of any of you and my only chance is to have what I should get in writing.
  3) As I said several times to you before, why should I agree to anything that is not fair or reasonable to my objective for the truth that I am innocent, that does not restore my reputation and does not offer some appropriate measure of justice for the wrongs done to me? I am willing to compromise on the extent of the justice awarded, but I am not willing to compromise on my reputation and the pure and unequivocal fact that I have been falsely accused, that my legal and human rights have been violated innumerable times, and I am innocent. The judge's attempt to cover up the ugly truths of the wrong done to me, to protect his guilty countrymen, and to circumvent my legal and human rights by suggesting this grossly unfair settlement is appalling and disgraceful.
  4) The conditions I wrote for the settlement will remain in the proposal to be sent to the nursing college. It is what I was told in court and the conditions are very reasonable and doable by the nursing college. The conditions do not require the nursing college to make the decision of the admin high court or the teachers committee. It only states that they should write the document in such a way that it is clear that because of the "cultural misunderstanding", there was an error in the previous decision that will allow the high court and/or teachers committee to reverse the original decision. In addition, the settlement should also be signed by the accuser since she is the other party in the "cultural misunderstanding."
  5) If we can't reach a fair and reasonable settlement by Oct. 28, then I am requesting the judge to continue the case so that I can present my compelling evidence to prove my case. You should remember it was the judge who told you to tell me after the Sept. hearing that I need to find and present some stronger evidence if I still hope to win the case. So, why suddenly did he go back on his word and deny me the chance to present my stronger evidence before making a decision? I can't trust any of you to keep your words and follow the law when you tell me one thing one time, then something completely different and unfair the next. How many times did you tell me I would have my chance - next time - to speak and present my evidence in court? Has it happened yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment