Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Twist to Sept. 27 Court Hearing

  Yesterday was another court hearing in my civil lawsuit against the sexual harassment accuser and the nursing college, so I'll get back to the Control Yuan, MOE and prosecutor's office matters later.
  An interesting but ultimately unsatisfactory twist in the proceedings started things off as the judge asked if I would be willing to discuss a settlement with the nursing college to end the lawsuit before the judge announced his decision. According to the interpreter, the judge indicated if the case goes to a decision he would rule that I did touch the accuser and that the college's dean of the nursing department did not violate the Gender Equity in Education Act by revealing my name to the public as soon as the accusation was made.
  To say the least I was incensed, infuriated and bedeviled by the judge's utter disregard for the facts of the case, the tangible, visible, credible proof I had already provided...and even more disgusted by the court's refusal for 2 years to abide by international and Taiwan law that guarantee all the human and legal right to speak on their own behalf whether the plaintiff or defendant in legal proceedings.
  I had spent many more hours preparing new evidence to present & submit to the court in what my attorney had earlier said would likely be the final hearing before a decision. Then, to get blindsided by this half-baked, halfhearted excuse for a "settlement" caught me completely off-guard. At least twice I had to endure listening to the judge say I had no evidence to prove my innocence - without ever allowing me to present my case in court - and facing this new obstacle to presenting my latest evidence, I had to do everything in my power to control my fury and desire to vent my anger at the court.
  Arrrrggghhh! Time to pause a while and cool down! Will continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment