Saturday, September 25, 2010

Some Answers: Taipei District Prosecutor's Office and Ministry of Education

  This week I finally got a reply from the Taipei Prosecutor's Office about the complaint I filed against the four nursing college administrators all the way back on Feb. 2, 2009. This is the same complaint that was accepted for investigation by the prosecutor in October 2009, and after just one very brief meeting with the prosecutor in December 2009 the case mysteriously fell off the radar...until now.
  Then, on Thursday I got a letter from the Ministry of Education allegedly sent to me on March 19, 2009, that never reached me...until now. The letter is the MOE's answer to the Control Yuan's request for them to investigate my complaint against the nursing college also in February 2009.   
  Both of my complaints centered on charges of forgery, perjury, and misfeasance in the administration's handling of the sexual harassment accusation and the reversal of my contract renewal among other things.
  I'll write more about these two complaints later, but for now I'll tell you that the common thread of the two replies is how the "investigations" of the nursing college were handled. Both the prosecutor's office and the Control Yuan asked the Ministry of Education to handle the investigations. In one instance, the MOE requested the nursing college to investigate itself and report back to the MOE. In the other instance, the MOE merely referenced earlier complaints I had filed with the MOE and the Executive Yuan to avoid conducting a thorough investigation and to confuse the actual points of my new complaint
  This is exactly the kind of inappropriate, farcical and futile action I've been getting from government agencies here in Taiwan. The MOE is as much a part of the problems as the nursing college, and asking them to investigate themselves and the nursing college or asking the nursing college to investigate itself is quite obviously worthless. It's like asking the fox to guard the hen house and then letting him head the investigation into why all the chickens are gone!
  More about these complaints and my visit to the Control Yuan later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment