Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sept. 27 Court Hearing Part II

  To relate some more about the events of Monday's court hearing, here is an excerpt from an email I sent to my attorney Wednesday afternoon:

Attny Tu,

  Thank you for the further explanation about the judge's preference to reach a settlement. Although I totally disagree with the judge's final decision (against me & not officially declared yet) - the key point being that I did not get proper and lawful due process by the court. I have both the legal and human right to present my evidence, to prove my innocence, orally and totally, as clearly stated by Taiwan law, by international law and by international conventions on human and legal rights that Taiwan is a signatory to.
  In plain words, again my legal and human rights have been violated and, of course, the judge has come to a decision based on incomplete evidence, without allowing me my rights to take the stand and testify, without asking me any questions, and based on extremely faulty logic that what the witness says - without any evidence - is indisputable. It's a great joke. It is another clear example of what the Taiwan news media have been reporting for months now, that the judiciary is full of incompetence and corruption of various kinds. Judges who acquit (or give ridiculously light sentences to) sex offenders who abuse or rape 2-year-old, 3-year-old, and 6-year-old little children because "the victim did not reject the offender's actions" or because the victim "couldn't remember the correct time of the attack". It's very clear in my case too that the judge is totally out of touch with the reality of the 21st century that MANY false allegations of sex harassment happen, and out of touch with due process and the real facts of my case.

  To be continued... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment