Sunday, January 16, 2011

Here We Go Again!

  On Thursday, January 6, I was in the Taipei district court building to find out when I could finish copying the files of my civil lawsuit case. Apparently the staff misunderstood my reason for being there and she proceeded to tell me (in Chinese) "you're judge is gone."
  I thought I might have misunderstood what she said, so I asked the security guard standing nearby if he could help me and ask what the staff meant by the judge was gone. After some discussion, the guard explained that (supposedly) the judge in my case had "retired" four days earlier and so a new judge would be assigned to my case. It was deja vu! Lightning struck twice!
  For the second time in 2-1/2 years, the judge will suddenly be replaced and at the same point in the case as the first time - when the judge was due to make/announce his decision. It's also the second time the judge will replaced after I filed one or more complaints against the judge, including one this time specifically asking that the judge either allow me to testify or be removed and replaced.

  Just a coincidence...2 times?

  Here is a an edited copy of the complaint (written in Chinese by the staff from my explanation of the problems) I filed with the Control Yuan on November 10, 2010:



  I'll post an English translation of this complaint as soon as I can get it, and I'll be posting more documents from this 3-1/2 year saga. You'll see more clearly what kind of experience I've been through having to navigate this nightmare in a foreign language in a foreign country. Case documents, court hearings, more than 95% of everything related to the lawsuit and the administrative appeal have been in Chinese, putting me at a grave and perpetual disadvantage. Mostly I've only managed to get very cursory explanations of the documents and little more than that of the court proceedings, even the few times that an interpreter was present.
  According to the Control Yuan staff, this complaint was sent to the Taipei District Court and normally the Control Yuan will get a response to a complaint within 2 months of the date it was filed.  
  Here is a letter I sent to the judge and the Judicial Yuan in October 2010 before filing the complaint with the Control Yuan:  http://pow3hatan-warrior4justice.blogspot.com/2010/10/documenting-my-numerous-requests-to.html
  I'd like for all the documents I share on this blog to be available with English translations, so if there are any of you reading who can help or you know someone who could help with translations, please send your translation to or contact me at jugger3naut@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment