Friday, February 11, 2011

The Tally So Far After 3 Years: 5 Lawyers, 2 Judges and No Decision

  Late Wednesday night, during another "lively" email exchange of differing opinions on my civil lawsuit, my attorney ended his final reply by declaring "I cannot agree the way you treat your lawyers and terminate the mandate here," becoming the 4th lawyer in the 3 years of the lawsuit to quit. All of the lawyers were provided through the Legal Aid Foundation in Taipei. I wonder if this is a common occurrence for attorneys in Taiwan to just up and quit when the client doesn't always see eye-to-eye with them.
  So the "here today, gone tomorrow" tally in this saga stands at 5 lawyers (add one who was the first to take my administrative case and I requested he be replaced) and 2 judges since 2008. With each new lurch in this case, it becomes clearer there is something more going on than just a battle over a simple, baseless false accusation.
  There is still no word on a new judge or the next court hearing date...already going on 3 months since the last hearing and 5 months since the previous judge declared I had 2 choices: either drop my lawsuit before he issued a ruling, or lose the suit because the judge had already decided the defendants were not guilty of any of the charges. This he had decided without ever allowing me to testify and present my evidence in court, while allowing 2 of the defendants to testify, including the accuser who spent almost all 40+ minutes of her time playing the "crying game" in another of her and the nursing university's dirty tricks to obscure the truth and unduly influence the court.
  On Jan. 13, the administrative high court here dismissed my appeal of the nursing university's sexual harassment decision on "procedural" grounds, meaning they won't proceed to hear the facts of the case because it doesn't meet their criteria. The court claims it is still a matter for the nursing university to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment